A collection of historical documents
The school began on the Yorkshire Lancashire border in a Victorian manor just outside Newton in Bowland. From Newton the school was transferred to Ledston Hall just outside Castleford, where the Religious Society of Friends became responsible for the school by having a majority on the Board of Managers. It was in 1958 that the school moved to its present site at Breckenbrough.
Breckenbrough Hall, Thirsk, North Riding of Yorkshire – catalogue of the contents of the residence of Sir Francis Henry Bernard Samuelson, 4th Baronet 1890 – 1981 sold by auction on May 12th to 16th 1952 by LW Arnett, Chartered Auctioneer, Darlington