Reverse Advent Calendar
It’s estimated that about 120,000 extra children will be homeless this Christmas, due to unaffordable rents and cuts to housing benefits. Most housing benefit claimants are actually in low paid work , but nurses and even the police are amongst that number.
So, if you can contribute any of the following it would be most welcome:
- Sanitary products, including sanitary towels/tampons, nappies and wetwipes.
- Washing powder/liquid/soaps and cleaning products.
- Tinned goods and non perishable foodstuffs.
- Oxo, gravy granules etc.
- Cereals – porridge is a good and cost effective choice.
- Petfood – people suddenly struggling might still have pets to care for.
- Small gifts
[it is Christmas!]
or chocolates/sweets/biscuits. Jam/peanut butter or nutella. And even clothes – if they’re in a good state of repair.
Thank you so much for your support with this. Last year, the local food bank was able to make an extra 40 parcels with your donations. I’m sure anything we can give will be appreciated by a family in crisis.